Today, I am sharing a story and instruction from Rosalind Goforth, a missionary to China. Hope you are encouraged to stand against the temptations of the enemy and put your faith in Jesus. He is the only way to find freedom from the bondage of sin! Let’s find out what God does with our sins!
Rosalind Goforth was a well-known missionary to China who, along with her husband, Jonathan, enjoyed an illustrious career and ministry. But for many years, even having labored for the Lord in China, Rosalind often felt oppressed by a burden of sin. She felt guilty and dirty, nursing an inward sense of spiritual failure.
Finally one evening when all was quiet, she settled at her desk with Bible and concordance, determined to find out God’s attitude toward the failures, the faults, the sins of his children. She put these words at the top of the page: What God Does With Our Sins. Then as she searched through the Scriptures, she compiled this list of seventeen truths:
- He lays them on his Son—Jesus Christ. Isaiah 53:6
- Christ takes them away. John 1:29
- They are removed an immeasurable distance—as far as East is from West. Psalm 123:12
- When sought for, they are not found. Jeremiah 50:20
- The Lord forgives them. Ephesians 1:7
- He cleanses them ALL away by the blood of his son. 1 John 1:7
- He cleanses them as white as snow or wool. Isaiah 1:18; Psalm 51:7
- He abundantly pardons them. Isaiah 55:7
- He tramples them under foot. Micah 7:19 (RV)
- He remembers them no more. Hebrews 10:17
- He casts them behind his back. Isaiah 38:17
- He casts them into the depths of the sea. Micah 7:19
- He will not impute us with sins. Romans 4:8
- He covers them. Romans 4:7
- He blots them out. Isaiah 43:25
- He blots them out as a thick cloud. Isaiah 44:22
- He blots out even the proof against us, nailing it to His Son’s Cross. Colossians 2:14
It begins with Christ!
If you don’t know Christ as your savior, it begins with the first step. Next, committing your life to serve Him is the most significant decision! Finally, for more information on serving the Lord: CLICK HERE!
Thank you for reading: What God Does with Our Sins!
I am on a journey to post 300 blog posts in 365 days. So, join the journey by subscribing to my blog, connecting with my socials, like and commenting on my posts.
Also, go to the beginning of the Journey at this link! Journey to 300~Day 1: New Beginnings
Check out my page of recommended resources. , Click here.