I want to share a quick story and some reminders for those who may be struggling with life issues. This story is a reminder that is foundational for believers that trust in God with their lives. For those who are not believers, it becomes far more challenging to face the challenges of life.The wise counsel GOD gives when I’m awake is confirmed by my sleeping heart. Day and night I’ll stick with GOD; I’ve got a good thing going and I’m not letting go. Psalm 16:7–8 (The Message) Click To Tweet
South African pastor Andrew Murray once faced a terrible crisis. Gathering himself into his study, he sat a long while quietly, prayerfully, thoughtfully. His mind flew at last to his Lord Jesus, and picking up his pen, he wrote these words in his journal:
- First, He brought me here, it is by His will that I am in this strait place: in that fact I will rest.
- Next, He will keep me here in His love, and give me the grace to behave as His child.
- Then, He will make the trial a blessing, teaching me the lessons He intends me to learn, and working in me the grace He means to bestow.
- Last, in His good time, He can bring me out again—how and when He knows.
- Let me say I am here,By God’s appointment
- In His keeping,
- Under His training,
- For His time.*
V. Raymond Edman, They Found the Secret (Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 1960), 97. Morgan, R. J. (2000). Nelson’s complete book of stories, illustrations, and quotes (electronic ed., pp. 741–742). Thomas Nelson Publishers.
May this story be a reminder that God is aware and actively working in your life for his glory and your good.
Amazon links: You do not need to buy one of the specific highlighted products on my page for it to “credit” my account. After first clicking one of the links, any purchases you search for or make anywhere on Amazon will credit this blog and help support this blog ministry. I am truly so grateful and appreciative to those of you wanting to do so! So thank you! Again, it is an absolutely free and easy way for you to help keep this blog going!